Home Inspections in Ottawa
Our home inspections are an important tool in purchasing or selling a home. As a home buyer, it enables you to make an informed decision about one of your largest investments and avoid costly surprises, by providing you a complete and accurate picture of its condition. As a seller, it helps you avoid unpleasant surprises that could derail the negotiation process.
At Advanced Home Inspections, we include infrared thermal imaging in our home inspection to assure you the best possible inspection result. With thermal imaging our inspectors are able to uncover issues - such as hidden moisture and missing insulation - that could otherwise go undetected in the standard visual home inspection.
Our service portfolio includes Buyer Pre-Purchase Inspections, Seller Pre-Listing Inspections and Tarion Warranty Inspections.
Buyer Pre-Purchase Inspections
Prior to finalizing your purchase it makes good sense to know the true condition of the home. You should know what to expect - both indoors and out - in terms of repairs, maintenance and their costs. Our detailed inspection report will provide you with this information. With this in hand, you will be able to reduce the risk of costly surprises, factor in any needed repairs, and have the peace of mind that comes with knowing you've made an informed decision.
Seller Pre-Listing Inspections
When selling your own home either by yourself or using a realtor, having a home inspection report available for interested buyers can add credibility and help sell your home faster.
Our inspection report will identify problems areas; you can then decide whether or not to correct them. You would typically provide interested home buyers and their agents with a copy of the inspection report.
In Ontario, your new home purchase is protected by a warranty provided by the Tarion Corporation. Homeowners who lack knowledge of home building and repairs should hire a professional home inspector to help identify deficiencies that could otherwise go unnoticed and end up costing thousands of dollars once the Tarion warranty expires. Our comprehensive Tarion inspection will include a complete list of the issues that you can confidently give to your builder. Our Tarion inspections include:
- New Home PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)
- 30 day Warranty Inspection
- 1 year Warranty Inspection
- 2 year Warranty Inspection
Our home inspection service typically takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and includes:
- A comprehensive top to bottom visual inspection and evaluation of all the major systems, components and structures (inside and out) from basement to roof,
- An infrared thermal imaging scan for advanced detection of hidden issues for ultimate peace of mind,
- A WETT inspection if requested,
- Client education and interactive Q & A during the inspection process,
- A verbal report to client upon completion,
- A comprehensive computer generated inspection report delivered within 24 hours,
- Free follow-up technical consultation.
The Advanced Home Inspection includes:
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings
- Eaves, soffit and fascia
- Grading and drainage
- Basement, slab-on-grade and crawlspaces
- Heating systems
- Cooling systems
- Water heating systems
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats
- Electrical systems
- ...And more!