Air Leakage Inspections in Ottawa
Reducing air leakage is typically the most cost-effective, energy-saving measure a homeowner can undertake. Leakage can account for up to 35 percent of the heat loss
in a home, adding hundreds of dollars per year to your heating bill and making rooms drafty and difficult to heat.
Air leakage is also the chief cause of moisture buildup in a home. Excess moisture can result in mold growth and adverse health effects for occupants as well lead to long-term damage to the structure of the home.
If your home is drafty, difficult to heat or has excess moisture, you should take immediate
action and arrange an air leakage inspection.
For superior results, our air leakage Inspection service (also referred to as Draft Detection services) combines two complementary technologies; a blower door to exaggerate the air infiltration flow into the home, and infrared scanning to pinpoint and record actual air leakage.
The inspection includes:
- An initial discussion with you to identify known problems.
- A blower door to depressurize the home
- Infrared Scanning of the following areas:
- electrical ceiling fixtures
- electrical outlets
- electrical box and wire penetrations
- exterior pipe penetrations
- baseboard trims and mouldings
- window frames
- door frames
- attic hatch
- basement header (rim joists)
- A sit-down session with you to review our findings.
- A detailed report that identifies the leakage areas and provides supporting photos and recommendations for improvement.
[ click to view a larger image ]